Friday, November 17, 2006

Shooooz



Now.... I want to tell you about my Champerton friend Philippa. She sits next to me here in the BBC and is the Emelda Marcos of the organisation. Even though I've asked her she is unable to tell me exactly how many pairs of shoes she actually possesses.

Philippa believes that Gordon (the Chancellor of the Exchequer) should allow women tax credits in order for them to be able to buy more shoes (oh....and handbags fit loosely into this category too!). Simply mention Jimmy Choo or Prada and a glazed expression descends upon her lovely features, and she disappears into a world all of her own - sometimes for hours at a time!

I've tried to get her to subscribe to the school of thought that believes that 3 pairs of shoes are enough for anyone - but she just looks at me with a look that can kill at 50 paces!

Before she beats me to within an inch of my life - the pair of shoes on the right (above) are not part of Philippa's collection. Just want to make that very clear!! (though I suspect she would love to own a pair like the one on the left!).

Do all women think in this thoroughly non-Champerton way?? Discuss.

No comments: