Monday, November 13, 2006

Footie again!


This bloggin' can be a bit of a drain on the already overstretched time resources! I can't believe that over a week has gone by since my last entry.

I've had two weekends packed full of footie - I've spent literally hours on some touchline or other - armed only with my faithful flask of Rosie Lee.

Chelmsford City continue to excel - beating Boreham Wood 2-nil to go sixth in the table, and then last Saturday - a capacity crowd at Melbourne to see them hold Aldershot to a draw in the F.A. Cup First Round proper! City put up a great fight and really could have won the game quite easily. The piccie shows one of our strikers Kezie Ibe taking on two of the Conference Leaguers single handed. Great stuff!

Captain Claret the City Parrot was in fine form too!

However, I've also been loyally supporting our Church team (St. Andrew's Bicknacre) who have recently joined the Chelmsford and District Church League. It's quite a bit different from yer common or garden footie league. The Church is allowed to field a number of non Church goers in its side. Our team is coached by my old friend John Woodrow and includes my eldest son Sam. It's a great outreach and it's amazing to see both sides gathered for prayer before kick-off.

St Andrew's have played really well every game but have had mixed fortunes - winning 7-2 one week and losing to the bottom side 1-nil (We hit everything except the net - honest!)

The league holds to many of the ethics that are championed by Christians in Sport - a champerton organisation close to my heart as Sam will be joining their academy in January for six months.

More about them another time...

No comments: