Monday, January 29, 2007

To boldly go.....

Bonjour tout le monde! I discovered this really Champertastic site yesterday which has taken my blog into a whole new dimension. I am proud to announce that I now have some music on my blog! (Wowwwwwww! says Jimmy Savile)!

OK OK so I know that clever people like my friend Pete have been uploading music for ages but it's a first for me - not only that but there's some great music by Christian bands and musicians - stick with me on this! I know what you're thinking... Christian...music....good... - isn't that one of the original oxymorons! Well - I'm the first to admit that as someone representing the more senior portion of the demographic curve I can remember the days when Christian music was not only cringingly awful but downright laughable! Ahhh - but how times have changed!

There are now some fab Christian musicians out there producing stuff that definitely holds it own when compared to the mainstream music choices - in fact in a lot of cases it's far better and much more professionally produced. Bands like Delirious (pictured) and Third Day are huge, whilst musicians like Tim Hughes, Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin are producing songs that are inspiring a whole new generation.

Well - here's your chance! I've put a few tracks under the title of 'music' in the right hand menu bar so why not have a listen and see what you've been missing - just click twice on the arrow and turn up the volume! Who knows you might even be blessed by it! Either way - have a Champerton day!

No comments: