Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Recycling - a.k.a. going round in circles!

Good afternoon - frustrated of Bicknacre here!

Here I am trying to do my bit to save the planet - but for some reason the Council can't find my waste! Well, that's not strictly true - they find my cardboard recycling sack, and the green box of glass and tins - but they seem to have a blind spot where my plastic bottles are concerned. I'm now up to 4 sacks and counting!

I've now phoned a very nice man at the Boro' twice to report this oversight- and on both occasions he's asked me whether they had taken my paper sack - and on both occasions I've explained that I don't have a paper sack on account of them not taking the paper on a previous occasion cos the paper got wet - and on both occasions he then explains that the contractor is actually looking for a paper sack. Are you with me so far?? Champerton!

So basically - if he can't see a paper sack then he somehow manages to overlook 4 dirty great sacks of plastic bottles! Even his guide dog managed to miss them!

Gale force winds tonight - should be interesting!

No comments: