Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My family


Well I'm starting to get the hang of this bloggin' thingy so I thought I would post up a picture of my family. That's me on the end - although this was taken a few years ago I'm still as good looking, and also so very 'umble as ever I was.

Although you won't be aware of it you are actually looking at a miracle - he's the little fella 2nd from the left on the bottom row. When my wife Sarah was just 12 weeks pregnant a routine scan showed that there was something seriously wrong with the baby's heart. Against initial medical advice and in accordance with our faith and beliefs, we went through with the pregnancy and Joshua was born in 1995. At 36 hours old he had open heart surgery at Great Ormond Street Hospital- 6 weeks ago he started secondary school - Praise the Lord!

Josh continues to astound the medical world. From a medical point of view he shouldn't be alive - but he is - thanks to God's grace and provision.

That's enough for now - but there are so many stories that I can (and probably will) tell you about Josh. If you think there is no God - then think again! Josh is living proof that there is a God in Heaven who loves us and wants all that is good for our lives - and that really IS Champerton!

More soon...

No comments: